Software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) load balancing technology allows the Peplink Balance and Pepwave MAX routers to connect to internet connections of different technologies e.g. private landline, public landline and wireless 4G LTE/3G connections at the same time and distribute network traffic among them.
Network traffic will be distributed on all available connections. With WAN connection health check, if one connection fails, Peplink and Pepwave routers will immediately and automatically gear your network traffic to other available connections and provides optional event logging and notification.
7 SD-WAN load balancing routing algorithms are supported to help you design a setup that fits a network with even the most specific routing requirements.
- Weighted Balance – route traffic proportionally according to a specified ratio.
- Priority – route traffic to connection with the highest priority.
- Overflow – route traffic to connection with the highest priority until it saturates
- Persistence – maintain the specified type of traffic on the same connection
- Enforced – restrict the specified type of traffic on the specified connection
- Least Used – rout traffic to the connection with the most available bandwidth
- Lowest Latency – rout traffic to the connection with the lowest latency
Go to SpeedFusion bandwidth bonding (Hybrid WAN) to see a comparison between load balancing (SD-WAN) and SpeedFusion bandwidth bonding (Hybrid WAN).